On Sunday, June 29, 2014, after about four months of listening to God in scripture, listening to each other in conversation, and prayer, we formally adopted this purpose statement and these guiding principles as a congregation. They will be the rock that grounds us in God’s mission as we go forward. They will hold us accountable to be the people God wants us to be.
God’s purpose for St. Jacob’s-Spaders Lutheran Church is to share the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.
We grow in faith by:
1) Hearing the Word of God, as we study and teach the Bible.
2) Praying for understanding and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
3) Sharing God’s love with everyone.
4) Building relationships with our neighbors and each other.
5) Praising and giving thanks to God.
6) Serving the Lord by serving others.